At Perfect Smiles, we focus on great general dentistry to prevent painful and costly dental problems.
Each of our dentists is trained in the latest diagnostic and treatment techniques, and our hygiene department provides state-of-the-art preventive maintenance for your teeth and gums!
General dentistry is more than just coming in for your regular checkup and cleaning visits. We can do a lot more for you here in our office than that. It is still very important for you to come to those visits because that’s when the doctor is going to be able to take a look and diagnose things that may need to be done, things like fillings, which have come a really long way in the years. Nowadays and here in our office, we’re a full composite white filling office where we’re no longer offering those silver fillings that most people really don’t want in their mouths anymore, that do, as we know, contain mercury.
Also things like crowns, veneers, onlays, as we do here. All these different types of porcelain restorations are something that we offer in our office. We actually have the technology here to so something called CEREC or same-day crown dentistry. So if you come in and we decide that you need to have a crown done, the beauty of it is it’s no longer going to take the multiple visits that it used to take.
Nowadays you can come in for one visit and leave with your permanent crown. We also, going back to fillings for a moment, we have the technology here in our office to diagnose fillings very early on and take care of them with what we like to call no-shot, no-drill dentistry with something that we call microabrasion. To explain it very simply, it’s essentially like a little sandblaster that will clean out your cavity in a very conservative way, and then we can place one of those white fillings in place for you. Excellent, excellent for children or anybody who may be nervous about getting dentistry done.
As far as being nervous about getting dentistry done, one of the other things we do offer here at our office is sedation dentistry. So we have multiple forms of sedation to help make your visit really comfortable for you.
We have two convenient dental offices in Seekonk and Westport, MA, where we treat nearly every dental issue you can imagine. Our general dentistry services focus on helping you:
- Keep your smile in top shape
- Prevent pesky dental decay
- Avoid or manage gum disease
- Correct jaw discomfort or bite issues
A healthy smile can give you more confidence and improve your overall health.
Schedule appointments by calling our Seekonk, MA office at 508-812-4130.
Save Yourself the Pain & Trouble of Dental Issues
No one wants to be in pain or need extensive restorative dentistry. Fortunately, we offer a wide range of dental services to restore your smile, but prevention is the best route for good oral health. Here are some of the preventive dental services you can expect from Perfect Smiles:
- Cleanings and Exams – The American Dental Association recommends that everyone visit the dentist for dental cleanings and exams every six months. During these visits, we’ll remove harmful plaque and tartar buildup and then polish your teeth. We’ll even use light-based cavity detectors to expose the slightest bit of dental decay.
- Fluoride Treatment and Varnish – Fluoride is a substance proven to reduce the risk of cavities and rebuild worn enamel. We may recommend fluoride treatments following your cleanings or for those who struggle with cavities.
- Dental Sealants – These thin coatings are placed in the grooves of the biting surfaces and lock out cavity-causing bacteria. This treatment is ideal for children, as studies have shown that sealants decrease the risk of cavities by about 80 percent.
- Nutritional Counseling – Our dentists and hygienists can sit down with you to discuss what foods and drinks are good for or detrimental to your oral health.
Protect Your Teeth With Mouthguards
A custom mouthguard can save your teeth during sporting events or even if you grind your teeth while you sleep. Perfect Smiles creates custom night guards to reduce the risk of bruxism (teeth grinding and clenching) and custom mouthguards to protect athletes’ teeth better than generic boil-and-bite guards.
Avoiding Dry Mouth & Bad Breath
Dry mouth increases the risk of cavities and gum disease. Our team can look at the source of your dry mouth (e.g., smoking, diet, or medications) and provide a unique solution to balance out your saliva levels. Similar to dry mouth, our office regularly helps patients overcome issues with bad breath or halitosis.
You deserve elite general dentistry and oral care.
Book your appointment by calling our Seekonk dental office at 508-812-4130.